Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today is the day!

Ever get that feeling that time is just moving too fast? I remember when I was younger, and summer seemed to last longer then 3 months, to the point that you were actually excited to go back to school and see your friends. Christmas seemed to take more then 365 days to get here. Sweet 16 took FOREVER to get here!


Now I look at the calendar every day thinking....Where has the summer gone? I wanted to make it to Monsoon Lagoon this summer...that never happen. I wanted to make it to the zoo more then we did. I wanted to do bonfires and cookouts. I dont know how time seemed to slip by so quickly.

School starts up in 2 weeks. Busyness begins. Routine will enter back into our life....for that I am thankful! I still have things to get for school. We need to get in the habit of going to bed sooner. Brock has to be on the bus at 6:45!!!! Calvin is barely up for work by then!

As I stress worrying about all we didnt do this summer. Regret the opportunities lost. Get apprehensive for another busy school year....

I need to remind myself that Gods word says "Today is the day the Lord has made, be glad and rejoice in it" When is the last time I rejoiced in today? Shame on me. Today is the day! I shouldnt be living in regrets of what we didnt do, or worry about the new schedule and busyness to come...I should be living in today. And happy with it!

Perhaps the kids and I will go to the library before we hit the grocery store today....

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment