Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Monday, August 2, 2010

It is, what it is.

So my follow up to the MRI left me in tears.  My results came back, clear and normal.  As did my bloodwork.  This is all great news.  However, it also means, we have no answers for my pain and other symptoms.

All of this basically means, I have chronic pain.  It means that they think that some of it is a mental issue.  They want met to see a counselor over it.

The doctor explained that Fibromyalgia is chronic pain, that leads to anxiety and depression.  So they think it would be good for me to see someone to talk about the frustration and such. 

I on the other hand, am taking this approach.

"It is, what it is" says my dad.  I have tested everything.  I am not suffering from the onset of MS.  I didnt have any strokes.  There are no brain bleeds, no cancer, no tumor. 

I just have fibromyalgia, and all the glory that comes with it.

So if thats what it is, then I can rest assured I am not dying....and I can set forth knowing that this is a condition I have.  I will have for the rest of my life.  I wont feel awful every day.  Flare ups come and go.  And I just need to try to learn what brings them on, and how to avoid them if at all possible.  I know I wont be able to avoid them all, a day at the zoo will always leave me in pain for a few days....but if I can get the emotional side of the Fibro under control, I can learn to sidestep some of the pain and anxiety.

So, it was answers....good answers....yet frustrating answers...b/c it leaves me with no other real options.

So, I am handing it over to God...laying it at His feet, knowing that "It is, what it is"....and life will go on.

There is my update.  Thanks to all of you who have loved me through all the testing, who have lifted me in prayer....it has been so comforting and appreciated.  Keep them coming, b/c this walk isnt over!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered diet at all? Some people do a complete elimination diet and see if there are any triggers there. Sometimes there won't be an allergy that shows up in any testing, but when an individual eliminates it, the problems go away. Gluten and dairy are too big ones that some people have trouble with.

    I'm sorry that you didn't get the answers you were hoping for, Monica. :hug:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes actually that was one of the things we recently tried was diet...dairy. But thanks for sharing your opinions are helpful!

    ReplyDelete