Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Stopping.

Things I need to stop doing:

Putting so much of who I am, on what people think of me.

Caring what others think.

Feeling hurt when I am not invited to do something with someone. 

Thinking its all about me on some days.

Putting off putting clothes away...my clothes are always wrinkled b/c I live out of clothes baskets.

Using sarcasm as a way to not say what I really need to say.

Sleeping in.

Or maybe its staying up so late?

Using foul language.  I hate that habit, but when you hear it you tend to repeat it....and I dont want my kids to have that same issue...so I need to stop saying it.

Texting when I could just as easily call someone...its more personal.

Burying myself in my hole.  Its comfortable here some days.  But I cant live like this, and be a good example for my kids.

Finding excuses as to why I dont serve in my church.  Really, being a greeter wouldnt take that much of a commitment.  I will be there for church anyways...right?

Playing the "who can I not pay this month and just double up on next month" game.  It never serves me well.

Eating out so much.

Doing my kids chores for them b/c its easier then fighting with them to get them to do them.  It doesnt serve them well, as they grow and move out, the cleaning fairies will not enter their house and clean for them...I'm not helping them I am hurting them.  Responsibilities mom!  They need them!

Ignoring my kids when they fight....I need to be more consistent in what we expect in this house.  However, if I step into every little argument, will they ever learn to work through things?  Man this parenting thing is so hard.

Judging others.  At the zoo yesterday a mother told her son (probably 5 or 6) that she was done with him and that she couldnt stand him any more.  I instantly thought, what a horrible mother.  How dare I?  Maybe her son has ADD or something....maybe by this time in the day she had been struggling for hours.  Not that that makes her words ok....but I have no idea what she had been through to that point...and I am not always a perfect mother.  Who knows?  Shame on me.

Complaining about my aches and pains.  My kids are starting to complain that their backs hurt and they cant do anything b/c they are sore.  My voicing my pains is not good for my kids.  I dont want them to think back on their childhood and remember a sickly mother.  I need to start putting on a happy face, grin and bear it.  For their sake.

This was kinda depressing.  Maybe I should have made a list of things I NEED TO START DOING!???

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment