Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Random Acts....I love them!

I completely believe in doing random acts of kindness.  I try to do one a day.  Sometimes the opportunity presents itself, sometimes I have to go searching.  For instance, the other day we were driving home from Walmart, and someones garbage bin had rolled into the road.  As many cars were waiting to drive around it, we stopped, got out and put it back in the persons yard.  Really wasnt that hard to do, and it was kind to the owner of the bin so it didnt get damaged, and to all the people driving the road.  I also belong to a website called Random Acts Of Genealogy Kindness...where I go around to cemeteries in the Lucas, Ottawa, Wood and Sandusky Counties taking pictures of headstones to prove dates for peoples searches.  These people contact me from as far away as England.  Its not possible for them to get here to do the research themselves...and I love cemeteries (as you know if you know me at all!) so its a perfect opportunity for me to give!

Recently I stumbled across a new way to do random act, and I am so excited about it!!!!  I was glancing through a magazine in the grocery aisle and found this page, it had post its on it with just really nice things on them.  "You are beautiful just the way you are"  "You are amazing"  "Your smile is beautiful"  ect.  I thought, what nice things to say to someone.  So I bought the magazine and read the article.

Operation Beautiful.  "Changing the way we see ourselves one post it note at a time"  Its an actual movement.  Created by a lady named Caitlin.  I am instantly in love with it.  The idea is to post sticky notes with compliments on them in every place you can imagine!  Bathroom mirrors, the scale at your gym, random car windows, the mirror aisle at Walmart....where ever you can!  This way others see the notes and it lightens their mood.  Who wouldnt smile at a post it like that?  I mean, dont we all need to share nice things with each other?

As much as everyone has AT LEAST one beautiful thing about them, whether it be a smile, their eyes, their dimples, great abs, beautiful hair...whatever it is, we all have at least one....however, we all can point out 15 things we hate...that scar on our chin, stretch marks, cellulite, crooked teeth, having to wear glasses, the extra 15 pounds...whatever it is...we can find it.

Isnt it nice to have someone remind you that you are more then all that?  I find it to be a beautiful thing.  I am glad I stumbled upon it at school time, b/c I can stock up on post its cheap! 

God created us just as we are, in His image, and He finds us beautiful.  Just the way we are.  But society tells us that we should have bigger breasts, smaller thighs, better cheek bones, a straighter nose, or even different colored hair, and the list goes on of all the things that can be changed.  I find this "operation" beautiful, to be a wonderful way to lift someones spirits, without having to have a surgical change to us.

As someone who suffers with anxiety and depression, on my bad days, its nice to have someone remind me I am beautiful.  Even in the storms, wet hair and all....I am beautiful.

Check out  www.operationbeautiful.com and maybe write something uplifting on your tab at the restaurant tonight.  Your waitress just might need it.  And remember, its not all about the physical-ness....beauty is more then skin deep!  Compliment a laugh...or the nice-ness someone shows to you and your family.  Its all about acknowledging.

You are amazing....

No comments:

Post a Comment