Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Roll Reversals

Tonight I found myself sitting in an autorium filled with other families.  Some consisted of single mothers and their school aged children.  Some of two parent families just starting out, each mom and dad with a young child on their hip.  Some grandparents with their grandchildren.  Me, I sat with my beloved, our three children and our dear friends the Goetz's and their two kids.  The night started with a video...and the minute it started, I couldnt help but sing along.  I knew that song, the minute I saw David Crowders head!  .....Oh how He loves us....Oh how He loves us....  I sang that song into my daughters ears, and my heart welled up with joy.  How I love singing in her ear about The One Who Loves Her Most. 

What happen next was just as beautiful if you ask me.  It was the end to a week full of church camp.  Kids from K-6th grade celebrating what a BIG God we have....  So it was fitting to end it with a BIG party at the Perrysburg campus.  As the worship leaders for the night entered the stage....

I remember thinking...they are babies!  Some of them were the high school aged kids.  (Ok, maybe they were out of high school, but just barely, and either way, in my mind....they are babies).  They stood there, playing their instruments, singing their heart out to their Creator....and they led us.  They led us.  "And a child shall lead them"  Isaiah 11:7  It was pretty amazing.  I stood there, my daughter on my hip, swaying to the music, singing into her ear of His love, and His mercy, and His grace....all along thinking....how amazing is it, that this could be her!  Some day, MY baby could be up there, leading others in worship.  How I hope....

In the middle of the song...."Shine a light and let the whole world see, we're singing, for the Glory of the Risen King"....its the part in the song where the music all stops, and you just sing it out.  Its my favorite part of just about any song, when the musicians stop, and all you can hear is the sounds of all Gods people in one building, lifting their voices to Him.  Oh how it makes me smile....I can only imagine the smile it brings to our Savoir!

After an amazing hour of praise and worship, we then filtered out into the church yard, where it was time for the adults, to act like kids!  I had just watched a stage full of young kids, acting as mature Christian adults lead us all in worship....and now I got to watch the roll reversal.

It was CGOAT!  Coolest Game Of All Time.  Its basically a reason to get dirty....and some messed up adults have come up with this!  They set up baby pools...and filled them with all sorts of disgusting things:  tomato soup, oatmeal, marshmellows in water, crackers in water, baked beans, mashed potatoes, rice crispies (that they cover you in syrup before you enter) ect.  Messed up, messy, kids will love it stuff.  Then you get slips, that tell you what you have to do.  Five push-ups in the baked beans.  Head dunk in the mashed potatoes.  Just messed up, your mother would kill you if you did this at home stuff.  The kids had fun....but what was hilarious was watching the adults have fun!  It was an excuse to act like a kid again.

If loving your God is a good reason for a 20 something to lead worship, then I think loving your kids is a good reason for an adult to get messy!  It was so much fun to watch!

Can I just say my church rocks.  No doubt about it.  Oh....and thats not even the best part!  If all that wasnt fun, and something for everyone...when the kids (and adults) were done getting messy....Perrysburg Twp Fire Department came with a truck, and squirted all the kids off!  Now THAT was just as fun!

Pictures following....if you dont have a church home, and are looking for somewhere that can fill the needs of your WHOLE family....let me know, we'd love to have you join us!


David Crowder...not the best looking of guys, but man can he sing....and I havent found a song of his that I dont love!  ....oh how He loves us, oh how He loves us..... yep, love it.















The young kids, rocking it out on stage!  "If our God is for us than what can stand against?"  Not only are the two in front young...but the kids hands you see in the air along the front of the stage....yeah, junior high at the oldest.  I love seeing kids that on fire...as Andy said tonight, if your child goes back to school and the teacher asks them something they did over the summer and they talk about how awesome their church camp was....20 other kids will hear them say that....does that give you goosebumps?  It should.































Andy, starting the games off with a bit of shaving cream!  Why was I shocked that kids would actually flock to him to get covered in the stuff?  Silly me!
















Jason in the pool of marshmellows....I simply love his expression here!


Mashed potato mohawk.  He looks so much better without hair doesnt he?  Although he is a potato kinda guy!

The family that plays together, stays together, but I still think I would have kicked my husbands butt!  Oatmeal is good for hair right?  

This little guys expression was priceless, he was just waiting for someone he knew to get them good! 
Perrysburgs finest....I truly think they were having just as much fun as the kids!  And they were crowding them!




























No comments:

Post a Comment