Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back to my journaling craze!

Giving blogging another chance.  I started this site over a year ago.  Not sure why I didnt really keep up with it, b/c I absolutely love to journal.  I guess life just has a way of getting away from you.  So, off to give it another try.  Most of my journaling is random.  Sometimes it probably makes very little sense to the outside world....but it makes perfect sense in my head....so we are gonna let that go!

With that being said, today has been a day of peace for me.  A day of rest, and relaxation, in my mind.  My body has been busy cleaning and getting stuff done while the kids were at soccer and I could get things done.  However, my mind has been at peace.  I made the decision to quit my job.  It was a hard decision, one that I have been drudging over for months.  I dont know why I was so scared, and why I held on so much and so long....but today I just feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  The day feels sunnier.  The chores around the house seem less daunting.  The things I want to do seem more doable.  Its just been a good day so far.

Its my hope to get some reading done today.  I just love getting lost in a story...and my younger two are taking after me, which delights my soul.  I remember being young and loving to go to the library and just get lost in a book...and I love to see my kids share the same joy.  Currently I am lost in a book by Jodi Picoult....Change Of Heart.  Its a great book and I find myself reading it well past my desired bedtime....its hard to put down!  I am also currently doing two bible studies with two seperate friends....and I am loving the time of digging into Gods Word with others.  Its neat to share our thoughts, and grow as friends.  I long for more intense friendships with my girls.  I have lots of laughs with all my girlfriends but I long for that deep personal intense faith-filled relationship.  Its good for the spirit.

I am also currently working on Kenzley's birthday gift.  Making her a crocheted blanket for her bed.  Its coming along quite well, and I have until October!  I will have it done well before that, and thats good, b/c I need to start working on Holly's for her birthday as well.  Its calming to me, and I have felt so busy lately with work and stressing over medical things, that I havent been working on it as much as usual.  It will be nice to get back into it, it is calming to the soul.  I need that recently.

Calvin, poor Calvin.  He's a man of few words, and he has been trying so hard to be supportive in all these medical issues.  I can tell he is extremely fearful of what they may find.  Its scary all the things it could be, and its hard to not let your mind wander.  Its hard for him to know what to say.  He is beautiful though, and I love him for all he does.  He has encouraged and supported my quitting my job.  He has tried to be more helpful around the house, and makes me take more breaks.  He's a great man, and I couldnt be more blessed to have him in my life...not just through these things but through all the times in my life.  It would be empty without him.  I would miss him even if I'd never met him.  He is great through the good....he is great through the bad.  He is my rock.  He is my support....and he makes me shine in every instance....I simply cannot imagine my life without him.  Thank you babe, for all you are....even if I dont say it every day as I should.  You are cherished, more then words could ever describe.  There are no words for the love I have for you.

Ok, until next time....

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment