Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory, take my life and let it be Yours.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wow.  I forgot I had this little ol' blog!  Its been over a year and a half since I last wrote on here. I have really been throwing this whole blog idea around again lately.  I simply love to write and read of others adventures in parenting, cooking, crocheting and the many other things that keep peoople busy in this life.  I have been crocheting like crazy lately.  In doing so I have been finding many crocheters blogs and learning from them or being inspired by them.  It has ignited my desire to be among them.  To be one that shares my ideas, patterns and color combos.

Since the begining of the year I have been working on baby blanket after baby blanket!  I think I have 11 friends/family pregnant this year (no, I am not drinking ANY water!).  So I have been a busy, and happy crocheter.  I have tried to create different blankets, so I dont grow tired of doing the same pattern time and time again.

My favorite stitch is the granny square.  Its a very simple, mindless pattern that I can do without even paying attention.  So I have done a granny rectangle, a granny square, a granny ripple and a granny straight.  Now, trying to get completely away from the granny I am trying my hand at my very first ever (in 5 years of crocheting) motiff blanket.  I am making a hexagon blanket.  So far I like it.  I learned a fairly easy way of joining the motiffs as I crochet, which seems less daunting then trying to connect them all at once.  I learned this wonderful technique from my absolute favorite blogging crocheter,  Lucy.  Not only does she too love the granny technique.  But she has such an amazing, amazing, no really AMAZING color palet.  I am absolutely in awe, and hope to someday be as brave as she is in color combos.

As soon as I learn how to do some pictures on here, I will gladly share my designs and achievements!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. There's a blogger app for the phone (or iTouch) and it's easy to use and upload pics from your phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's it called Jen? Teach me, your tech-challenged friend!

    ReplyDelete